Prof. Dr A. Raghunatha Reddy
HOD & DEAN, Bharath Institute of Law, Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research, Chennai – 600126
9884244258 | firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Name : Prof. (Dr) A. RAGHUNADHA REDDY
2. Father’s Name : A. Sreenivasulu Reddy
3. Designation & Address : HOD & DEAN, Bharath Institute of Law, Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research, Chennai – 600126
Retired Professor, Former Dean & Director, Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai 600 028.
4. Academic Qualifications : B.Com., M.L., Ph.D., M.B.A
5. Subjects Specialization : 1. Law (M.L.)
Constitutional Law & International Law
2. MBA (IGNOU)
Human Resource Management
6. Date of Birth & Age : 08–06–1957 (63 years)
7. Teaching Experience : 5 years as Lecturer in A.C. Law College, Guntur, A.P. (From 1.7.1985 to 22.7.90) 15 years as Assistant and Associate Professor of Law in S. K. University , Anantapur (From 23.7.1990 – 05 -05–2005)15 years as Professor of Law in Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai (From 6.5.2005 to till date)
Total Teaching Experience :
8. Participation in Teacher Training Programmes :
(i). Attended as participant in Refresher Course in Law at National Law School of India University – Bangalore from June 2nd to 21st 1989.
(ii). Attended as participant in Orientation Course at Academic Staff College, Tirupati from 27.7.1992 to 22.8.1992.
(iii). Attended as participant in Refresher Course in Commerce under the inter–disciplinary approach in the Dept. of Commerce, S.K.University,Anantapur(11.3.99 – 31.3.99)
(iv). Attended as participant in the course on International Humanitarian Law and Refugee Law, organised by ICRC at Barog (Himachal Pradesh) from June 26 to 30, 1995 at Kodaikanal, Tamilnadu from Oct.14 to 18, 1996.
(v). Attended as participant in Refresher Course on Environment, Development & Law at University of Pune from 2.11.99 to 30.11.99.
9. Visiting Professor :
(i) Resource person at Annamalai University for M.L. contact programme (Distance Education) Since 1990 on Business Law, Anti Monopoly Law & Consumer Law
(ii) Delivered Lectures on Commercial Law for Bankers for CAIIB course
(iii) Lectures at VIT (Vellore) on Globalization
(iv) Lectures on Corporate Law for MBA students at B’School, SRM University, Chennai.
(v) Delivered lectures at Department of Law, University of Kerala on Constitutional Law & Judicial Process
(vi) Delivered Lectures at Gonzaga Law School, Spoken, Seattle, USA
(vii) Resource Person in Indian Maritime University, Uthandi, Chennai
(viii) Delivered Lectures at MGR Janaki College, Chennai
(ix) Lectures at Savitha Law School, Chennai
(x) Lectures at Bharat Law School, Chennai
(xi) Resource Person, Academic Staff College, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
(xii) Resource Person, Academic Staff College, University of Mysore, Mysore.
(xiii) Resource Person, Academic Staff College, University of Madras, Chennai.
(xiv) Resource Person, Govt. Law College , Ernakulam, Kerala
(xv) Resource Person VELS University, Chennai
10. Seminars, Symposia:
(i)Seminars : Participated in Conferences/Seminars/ Workshops/Panel Discussions/symposia as a resource person and presented around
70 Reseach papers
(ii)Seminars organized: 15 Seminars/conferences were organised at national/State/Regional level in the Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University in collaboration with various organizations.
11. Membership in Professional bodies:
(i) Enrolled as an Advocate on 31.12.1981 on the Rolls of the Bar Council of the A.P.,Hyderabad.
(ii) Research/Academic bodies :
– Life Member of Indian Law Institute, New Delhi
– Member of Commonwealth Legal Education Association, London (U.K.)
– Member, Asian Society of International Law (ASLI)
– Member, UGC – NAAC for accreditation of NAAC to universities/colleges
– Member, PG Board of Studies, TNDALU, Chennai
– Member, Research Board of Studies, TNDALU, Chennai
– Member, Board of Studies, Pondicherry University, Puduchery
– Member, Board of Studies, Maritime University, Uthandi, Chennai
– Member, Board of Studies, National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi, Kerala
– Member in several committees for inspection/Affiliation to various Institutions
– Editor–in–chief, Ambedkar Law University Journal, ALUJ
– Advisor, National Students Law Journal, TNDALU
– Member, Academic Senate, TNDALU, Chennai
– Member- Selection Committee of many universities
– Member of Syndicate for two terms, The TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai
(iii) Associated with the Indian Institute of Charted Accountants (ICAI) New Delhi
12. Contribution to the Field of Research:
(i) Ph.D. on `Freedom of the Press’ at M.D.University Rohtak (Haryana).
(ii) Produced Ph.D. in Law – 7 scholars in TNDALU Guiding 8 more scholars for Ph.D. in law, TNDALU
(iii) Tamilnadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University has produced around 90 Ph.Ds and published the in-house journal ‘ALUJ’ (Ten Volumes-Biannual) with ISSN under my stewardship.
(iv) Research Projects:– Completed a Minor Research Project (UGC) on ‘Press’ in the year 1995.
– Undertaken a Major Research Project (UGC) on ‘Monopoly and New Economic Policy’ in the year 1998 and completed.
– Completed Major Research Project on ‘Legal Reforms’ with financial support from UGC, New Delhi,2004.
(v) Examiner/adjudicator of Ph.D and LL.D Thesis of different Universities in the country.
(vi) Member, Doctoral Committee of Barat School of Law, Chennai.
(vii) Member, Doctoral Committee, Vel’s Law School, Chennai.
(iv) Judge, National/International Moot Courts.
13. Published work: Published 36 papers in leading legal Journals (List of Articles annexed)
– Course Writer for Law of Contracts and Legal Regulation of Economic Enterprise for LLM course, Annamalai University
14. Foreign Travel on Academic Assignments:
(i) Participated and presented a paper on “Law Teaching Methods and Techniques” at Adelaide (South Australia) during 11–25, April 2000.
(ii) Participated and presented a paper on Globalization at Colombo (Sri Lanka) during 17 – 21, December, 2001
(iii) Presented a paper in absentia on Reparations at University of Windsor, Ontario(Canada) during 12–15, June 2003
(iv) Presented a paper in International Conference organised by Asian Law Institute (ASLI)at International Islamic University, Kualalumpur, Malaysia, during 25–26, May 2010.
(v) Visited Beijing, China to present a paper in an International Conference in 2011
(vi) Visited Spokane (USA) for an International Symposium) in March 2012
(vii) Visited London for international conference and presented paper on Corporate Social Responsibility in September, 2015
(viii) Presented paper in International conference held in Singapore, July 2016
15. Administrative Experience:
(i) Head, Department of Law, SK.University, Anantapur (A.P).
(ii) Dean, School of Excellence in Law for UG, PG and Research Courses, Tamil Nadu Dr.Ambedkar Law University, Chennai.
(iii) Director, Research and Publications &
HOD of Department of International Law till
date, The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, (TNDALU) Chennai.
(iv) Syndicate Member and Academic Senate Member,TNDALU (2– Terms)
(v) In-Charge/Acting Vice Chancellor, TNDALU, on different occasions.
(vi) Member, Convener Committee, TNDAL